Love/Hate Relationship With Bath Soaks
I’m going to be completely honest, I’ve learned as I got older that I can’t stand being in a bath for more than maybe 10 minutes max. HOWEVER, I absolutely love the first few minutes when I can feel my skin soaking up all the nutrients from bath soaks.
I have tried getting myself to have at least one bath a week more towards the end of the week because I find that after working my few shifts my knee swells up and my body aches. As a bank employee, we have great days but some rough days and those rough days are ROUGH with a capital R. So for me, being able to kind of relax and watch some Animal Kingdom while having a bath would be absolutely amazing.
Sooo bath soaks the queen of relaxation! Now that we have officially entered the cold canadian winter months, I am going to force myself to have as many baths as I possibly can. The reason being well 1) who doesn’t love a hot bath and 2) I find our skin needs some extra TLC when it comes to this time of year. My bath soaks will consist of the main products you know (epsom salt, himalayan salt) but with my new favorite combination of essential oils being bergamot and lavender.
Now time for technicalities:
- When it comes to essential oils make sure you do research before adding it
- Keep in mind water and oil don’t mix and this DOES apply to essential oils because it is still an oil
- Some EO actually cannot be used by women who are pregnant or breastfeeding so definitely make sure to speak to your doctor first
- When using EO make sure not to add it directly to the skin
- Can be very irritating and may cause reactions or photosensitivity
- Essential Oils in bath soaks actually need to be I guess in simple terms Diluted with other oils like jojoba oil
- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be cautious when getting into a tub filled with water and oils as it is going to be slippery
I hope with covid still being a part of our lives and kind of giving us or many of us that extra time at home that you find some time for self-care and relaxation. Stay safe and healthy!!!!!!